Skip to main content

Stage Fright

Sometimes, no matter how good you are, you stand on the big stage and freeze. No one can ever explain why. Fear of failure, fear of success or just plain fear. Yet, we practice our lines and prepare feverishly to make sure that we have it all right. Then when we get up there, in front of hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions, we fall flat. How do we do this? Why? 

Me? I think too much. I put too much pressure on myself. I prepare too hard to lose it. But I do. I just finished the 3rd book in my children's book series. Although it's not my first book series (I also have the "Talk to Me" Communication Series) In all of my accomplishments, I'm proud and happy. But I'm also afraid and lost. All i keep asking myself is: Now what? 

I have to realize that I'm not as good as i think i am, I'm waaaay better. I need to let the world know that. Now that I have prepared for the role of a lifetime, I will step out onstage and give them my best. The world deserves it. I deserve it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy doesn't live here anymore

Daddy Doesn't Live Here Anymore is about a child dealing with parental separation and the absence of a father's presence. Dealing with separation himself, my son was the inspiration behind me writing this one. I'm still looking for the illustrations, so this book is not on sale yet. Go to MissBirdiesBooks.com for our other books.

You are so special to me

You Are So Special to Me is a book about a parent explaining the sensitive subject of adoption to the inquiring child with tenderness and love . On sale now at www.missbirdiesbooks.com in the Talk to Me Series section.

Unplugging... Plugging back in...

Lately, I've been out of it. Little or no social networking, which is bad considering the fact that I need to do it to stay "in the loop". I even stopping talking to people because I didn't want my conversations to be negative. Why infect other people with what was plaguing me? I was now hiding from the world. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ME? The craziest part of it all is, the issues weren't mine. I had let others' problems and issues consume my time and energy so much that I began to suffocate. When I went to see the doctor on a routine visit, she told me that I have high blood pressure. WHAT?!?! I've never had any problems like this and the stress from other people's stress was now making me sick. There was so much negativity around me, it had left me stagnant and constantly dragging my feet. I was paralyzed. I was constantly helping someone else. Being there for other people and not getting anything I needed to get done, done. Then, when it was ti...