Skip to main content

Retrospect

In dealing with anything in my past, I have learned not to look back. There’s no sense to do it, and it only makes you do stupid things.

This gets to be hard when you have young children. They look back for you. They cry at night and ask for Daddy. It breaks your heart. But no matter what you say, you still can’t give them the answers that they are looking for.

So I wrote a book a children’s book called, “Daddy Doesn’t Live Here Anymore.” Before you see it as a hopeless plug, it is based on my own experience with my son. One night, he just wouldn’t stop crying. I thought he was just being stubborn about not going to bed. After letting him cry for ten minutes, I came in the room thinking that it may have been more serious.

“Why isn’t Daddy coming back?” my son said, hopelessly.

Well, you have to read the book to get the rest. (That’s the plug.) But the gist of it is letting our children know that although things don’t work out with us grown-ups, that he or she is still loved. As hard is it is for a child to understand, Mommy not looking back is a great thing. I’ll leave that to the kids.

By the way, the book, "Daddy doesn't live here anymore" needs illustrations. If you are interested, email me at MissBirdiesBooks@gmail.com


Visit www.MissBirdiesbooks.com

Popular posts from this blog

Daddy doesn't live here anymore

Daddy Doesn't Live Here Anymore is about a child dealing with parental separation and the absence of a father's presence. Dealing with separation himself, my son was the inspiration behind me writing this one. I'm still looking for the illustrations, so this book is not on sale yet. Go to MissBirdiesBooks.com for our other books.

You are so special to me

You Are So Special to Me is a book about a parent explaining the sensitive subject of adoption to the inquiring child with tenderness and love . On sale now at www.missbirdiesbooks.com in the Talk to Me Series section.

Unplugging... Plugging back in...

Lately, I've been out of it. Little or no social networking, which is bad considering the fact that I need to do it to stay "in the loop". I even stopping talking to people because I didn't want my conversations to be negative. Why infect other people with what was plaguing me? I was now hiding from the world. WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO ME? The craziest part of it all is, the issues weren't mine. I had let others' problems and issues consume my time and energy so much that I began to suffocate. When I went to see the doctor on a routine visit, she told me that I have high blood pressure. WHAT?!?! I've never had any problems like this and the stress from other people's stress was now making me sick. There was so much negativity around me, it had left me stagnant and constantly dragging my feet. I was paralyzed. I was constantly helping someone else. Being there for other people and not getting anything I needed to get done, done. Then, when it was ti...